Thursday, April 4, 2013

This is a test. 

No, it's actually not a test, it is a school, a game, a playground.......

This is life. On a beautiful planet called Earth. All souls who come here for the experience are privileged. You can't come here without a plan. The Earth Admissions Office insists upon it. There is work to be done, but as you have chosen the lessons and the curriculum, it should be a pleasure, even when much study is involved. 

The campus is large and beautiful for a reason: you are meant to enjoy yourselves. Failure to do that is a waste of a precious opportunity. Times can appear rough, but all around you are opportunities for joy. You don't even need look for them. You have only to open your eyes. 

What brings you joy? You might be surprised to find out that material things are not high on the list. Start with small things. A scented bath, a walk in nature, a conversation with a friend, dancing in your living room, reading a book. Find these things often and let your joy grow. The lessons will still be there, whether you are enjoying your life or not. 

Life 101 is not open to every soul who would like to come here. If it was we would be standing shoulder to shoulder across the planet. Don't waste this opportunity. Do your job, study your lessons and be happy. 


Jinnzania's side notes:

Sometimes it's easier to be the messenger than to actually live and embrace the message. Even as this came to me (in the parking lot, ten minutes before work), a deluge of, "what ifs" and "buts" flooded into my brain. My dream is to one day write and get paid enough to support myself solely by the words that I type onto the screen. As I sat own to write my report this morning, I realized that I'm already being paid to write. Only the location and the words need to change. I put on some music and started to see the creative process in what I usually considered to be a mundane, boring task. When I needed a break, I went outside and took a walk. I noticed what a beautiful day it was, the air was clear and colors were vibrant. I even took an extra lap around the parking lot and realized how much I was enjoying exercise (another usually mundane chore). As I approached the front door, I found three pennies. Now I'm getting paid to take a walk! Cool!

1 comment: