Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Forgiving- For You

One of the reasons we hold on to unforgiveness is that we, on some level, have a belief that the other person will see what they've done to us or try to make amends in some way. This is a lovely thought, but highly unlikely if the friendship or relationship has ended. If they were truly worthy of your love and friendship, they would have done it by now.

Chances are, they are not thinking about you at all, or they are creating a scenario or script in their heads in which you are the "bad guy". 

Sometimes it helps to voice your feelings about how you've been hurt, revisit what they have done to you or plot a fitting revenge (but only in your mind).  It can be a good temporary strategy, in the beginning. 

At some point, however, it becomes like pouring out a bucket of your tears into a stagnant pool of water. Your bucket will be empty (until the next rainstorm), but they just sit in the water, becoming poisoned by the pollution in the pond. 

If you must bring up the past, do it for a positive purpose. Pour the energy into art, poetry, music; find your own creative channel to express your grief. Take positive examples from it. Stress lessons you have learned. Warn the vulnerable, but only when it is appropriate to help them.

Empty your bucket into a spring, which will pump it out into a river and, eventually, into the ocean. 

Soon this new positive goal will become your mission and you will forget all about.....hmmm....What were we talking about?  <3 Fairy Giggles<3

Jinnzania's side notes: I had a very profound spiritual experience this weekend. In meditation, I asked for help with an issue I'd been struggling with for more than a year. I've been holding on to pain connected to a person who had hurt me very deeply. The answer I got was that I was giving the person more attention than they deserved. The energy I was putting into this anger, resentment and pain was blocking my creativity and keeping me from seeing the bright future that the Universe has prepared for me. All this for a con artist who only pretended to be my friend. The forgiveness was for me. 

Forgiving a person does not condone their actions. You can forgive the person who steps on your foot. That does not mean inviting them to do it again, or encouraging them to step on the feet of others. You rub away the pain in your toes and start walking again as soon as it feels a little better. You would not look down at your foot and wail, "WHY!?!"  

So, why do we treat our hearts this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment