Monday, July 1, 2013

The Real Time Machine

You have a saying, "You can't go home again". It is true. Once you leave a place, job, relationship or situation, you cannot return expecting things to be the same. This occurs for two reasons. First, the place or situation you have left has changed. So that when you return, it is as though you are going to a new place. Second, you have changed. Therefore you don't fit in as you once did. Your thoughts and ideas have been changed by the new experiences.

Your nostalgic feelings have you believing that this is a bad thing. It is in fact, a blessing. It shows that you have grown.

You get to be in a new place with new tools at your disposal. You left as a private and return as a general.

You can confidently face the bullies of your past, and have a new appreciation for friends that have been with you all along. Things that were once intimidating seem smaller and more manageable.

Be grateful for your past, but be passionately in love with your present. Embrace your return not as a disappointing shadow of what was, but as a new, fresh start. You are the artist of your life. You have a fresh canvas and a full palatte of colors. You can paint any way you want.

Every day, on this planet, in your own back yard, the grass has grown, new flowers have bloomed, the trees have new leaves, some limbs may have died and fallen and a nest of birds has hatched. It has changed. It is not the same place it was when you went to bed last night.

You can never go "home" again, because "home" is always changing, as are you.

So we welcome you! Born again on this new day, on a new Earth. So, what will you create now? We are eager to find out. ~Silas

Jinnzania's side notes: Today, I am back home. I've been back enough that the changes around me have been less of a shock, but thinking back to nearly a year ago, I'm not at the "home" that I left. I'm glad. I was afraid of everything and looking for an escape. Being away reminded me of the things I love about being here, and the things I need to be cautious about.

It's good. I'm in a familiar place, and after a year of personal growth, I'm feeling prepared to deal with things I left behind. I'm appreciating my friends, my old hang outs, beaches with free public access, and safe, beautiful places to walk.

There's an expression, "If I only knew then, what I know now". I get a chance to try that out now. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment