Sunday, July 7, 2013

Raising Your Inner Child

The purpose of life on Earth is to enjoy and create. The problems and issues you create in your lives are simply obstacles that stand in the way of your pleasure and creations. It is not always enjoyable to move them, but it must be done. Unless you want to give up on this lifetime and try again the next. You have an opportunity to do this now, so why do you not?

Your ego is why.

You have been taught to envision your ego as a type of villain or angry schoolmaster who taunts you as often as they can. Your ego is actually, more like a child. As many of you are aware, raising children can be a challenge.

When you know you need to do something and that you will be better off for having done it, your ego is the one that wants to watch more television ("One more story, please?") Your ego detests a user-friendly workspace ("But I don't want to lean my room!"). Your ego would rather shut you down and sabotage your progress, than find another way to do something, ("I can't. I'm not capable).

Most people either give up, or fight the ego until it has a tantrum. Treat your ego as the child it is. Chores must be done, but always allow time for play, naps and an afternoon snack of milk and cookies if you like. If you fight the ego, it will strike back. If you give in it will not respect you and will continue to take advantage of your kind nature. Satisfy your soul by accomplishing something daily. Satisfy your ego with a little treat, or pleasurable experience afterward.

Strive not for perfection, but for balance. A balanced life is as close to perfection as you can get, and it is more than enough. ~Silas

Jinnzania's side notes: Today, I overwhelmed myself with unpacking and attempting to organize my space. At one point I felt a meltdown coming on, and I kept trying to push it aside and keep fighting through. When I couldn't take it any longer, I looked over at the clock. I checked the time and decided that I would give myself exactly ten minutes to have a meltdown. I managed to finish in five and had five minutes to rest before getting back to work.

It seems pretty silly and I had a good laugh over it, but it worked, and if something works, you keep doing it. I've found that rest and recreation are as important as work, and what's the point of work if you never get to play? I'm still trying to break old patterns and it is work, but each time I do I reclaim a little piece of myself.

Then I reward myself for the effort. If you work out regularly, you can afford to have cookies and milk. Weekend warriors usually burn out quickly, and they never get to eat anything yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment